Sunday, February 12, 2012

L.A.M.B. Fall 2012


Yesterday I had the great privilege to attend the L.A.M.B. Fall 2012 show at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week! The only other runway I have been able to attend was last season's Vera Wang show, which was incredible. 
Gwen Stafani's collection included a lot of black and white, mixed with some highlighter yellow, neon pink, and touches of red and green. She used a lot of houndstooth in this collection, along with 80's plaid, and bold stripes. Here's a bunch of my favorites from the collection!
I loved the pops of Neon yellow and pink in this sweater.
Also, the pants were like a black leather in the back.
They were so cute.
For some reason, this reminds me of Effy from Skins (UK version of course)
This outfit makes me think nascar jumpsuit mixed with a catholic school girl plaid print.
I just love how it came together.

And how could you not put in a schoolgirl outfit?
I loved the high waisted, pleated skirt and the peter pan collared shirt.

I just really loved the print on this dress.
I wish I would have grabbed a picture of the back though!
And of course, the cat eye glasses!

If this doesn't scream 80's, I don't know what does.
I loved it though. Its very different and almost makes me think of  that Galactica Arcade game.
Well the middle of the shirt anyways. 

I loved this turtleneck in the neon yellow color!
I think it just went so well with the plaid shorts and stockings.
Normally I'm not a fan of bright colors like this, but I just loved this for some reason.

Ahhhhh. Mixing a bad girl biker jacket with a school girl pleated skirt.
Yesssssssss Gwen.
Oh and I'm not sure if you can see the shoes so well, but they were killer. 

Pattern mixing. I love it.
I was a big fan of the bold stripes here.
I also really enjoyed how the stripe size varied on the sleeves so it wasn't all the same.
Ahhh I loved this plaid pattern!
I think the shorts are way cute.
And I love how well it paired with the sweater.

And the final Amy Winehouse Beehive haired beauty I really enjoyed was this one.
Normally, i would think this much plaid is just too much.
But I think I really enjoyed this one because theres not too much going on in the plaid.
Its still a very simple pattern, and I enjoyed it a lot. 
Well that's all for my little review on this show! All in all, I think her designs really spoke to her target clientele. Good work Gwen. You definitely exceeded my original expectations with this one.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, sometimes to much plaid is too much, but this collection is really interesting.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I really think she gave her customer base exactly what they wanted this season.
    Awh thank you very much and definitely! I'll go follow you now!

    ReplyDelete