Wednesday, February 15, 2012

#2 Fall 2012 Trends- Perfectly Plaid

As New York Fashion Week comes close to an end, we're already noticing some hot trends to keep in mind when buying for the next fall season! While examining the offerings for the season, I saw a lot of cool trends, and one that kept popping up in menswear was the use of plaid.

And not the flannel shirt we've seen just about every male in America wearing for the past decade, but plaid blazers, jackets, and pants. I've seen them in black, tan, mustard, blue, green, and even some red. But they're not really a very bold plaid, its more muted in fact. I, for one, and a huge fan of the Michael Kors mustard plaid pants Hermes plaid blazer! 

So if you can catch a nice plaid blazer or jacket during an end of season sale, I would definitely invest in one for this next fall season! You might even be able to wear it a little during the spring season too!

Michael Kors

Michael Kors

Michael Bastian

Michael Bastian

J. Crew

Hermes

Gucci

DKNY

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that this isn't your standard high school plaid button down. I love the use of plaid in suits and tailored clothing vs. the lumberjack flannel. My favorite is the J. Crew look!

    ReplyDelete