Wednesday, March 21, 2012

#6. Venexiana Fall 2012

I know, I know. Mercedes Benz Fashion Week was weeks ago and I still haven't posted about my amazing experience at the Venexiana show. As some of you may recall, I had the wondrous opportunity to sit front row to view the collection designed by Kati Stern.

After swindling mine and my friends' names onto the guest list for standing, we entered the room and were eager to find a good place to go stand. However, one of the men who was seating everyone grabbed me by the arm and took me to the runway and by some stroke of luck, he told me to sit down in a seat near the end of the runway that was in the front row! How lucky! I felt like Ana Wintour for a split second!

But enough about me. Venexiana was formed in 2003 by the designer Kati Stern. The collections are sold  at Neiman Marcus and Saks fifth avenue and her garments are elegant and rock infused. I loved the materials she used throughout the collection, which ranged from silk to fur to chiffon with metal accents. She used a wide range of color throughout the garments as well which included metallic coppers, velvety sapphires, sleek grey, vibrant oranges, and pungent reds. But what really struck me was the keen attention to detail that can be found in all the garments. Whether she focused on floral lace accents, exquisite beading, the stitching of the pieces, or the way the skirt was ruffled, she made it work in a way that made the woman wearing it look confident and sexy as hell.  But instead of me blabbing on about this collection, take a look for yourself at this video I shot at the end of the show! Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. These looks are all attention-grabbers no doubt, especially that last dress with the feathered collar. I have to say I'm envious that you got the first row experience!

    ReplyDelete