Thursday, March 15, 2012

#5 The Spring Approach

          With the winter season finally coming to an end, New Yorkers are eager to ditch their winter jackets and furs, and begin throwing colorful and lightweight garments on. Even though we had a relatively warm winter, there's no doubt in my mind that we're all excited for the beauty of spring to hit us. And along with a season change comes my favorite part; an excuse to go shopping to vamp up my wardrobe!
          This spring, I'm extremely excited to see a revival of the nautical look. We saw it last spring and I was such a big fan of it! Stripes are my forte, and color is my passion. However, last spring we saw mostly navy blue, white, black, brown, and pops of red. This season, I'm expecting more color! Yellow, orange, light blue, burgundy: all seem to be some pretty big colors and I already love the look. I'm also seeing a lot of naval stripes, cotton cables, shorter and more fitted shorts, anchors, ropes, and toggles. But instead of me rambling on about this, lets get down to some snapshots!

Band of Outsiders Spring 2011
Burgundy and grey-blue

Nautica Spring 2011
Yellow jacket with cuffed pant

Marc by Marc Jacobs Spring 2011
Orange striped polo

Gant by Michael Bastian Spring 2011
Yellow Rain Jacket
Junya Watanabe Spring 2011
Toggle jacket

Prada Spring 2011
Nautical blocked stripes

Michael Bastian Spring 2011
Orange stripes

Perry Ellis Spring 2011
Orange stripe sweater

1 comment:

  1. I love nautical and marine style too, and stripes are a sign of spring and summer. Love the yellow Nautica jacket and the Prada knit!

    ReplyDelete