Thursday, September 13, 2012

Proenza Schouler Spring 2013

For starters, I appologize for lacking so much on my posts! I think this might be my first post in a couple months.... (oh dear). BUT to make it up, I'm going to be posting a new blog update every day for the next week (well at least trying to).

SO Spring 2013 Fashion Week in NYC kicked off a few days ago and we've been hearing the buzz all over. What's hot, what's not, and what's actually innovative. One show that I've been hearing a ton about has been the Proenza Schouler show. It seems as though this house has blown up practically overnight. I was a little skeptical because I didn't particularly enjoy their show last season. But I admit, I had a change of heart this season! If I don' like a show, I'll be the first to say so. But this season was phenomenal.

The line incorporated a lot of neon colors and mixed those with some reptile prints, creating some patchwork kind of garments. Of course there was a lot of leather use; especially bright, glossy colored leathers. The models possessed a rocker vibe, but still came off feminine. I also noticed a lot of exposed zippers, which I've been seeing all around lately. And why not? Why hide it? Zippers are awesome. We also saw a lot of boxier silhouettes instead of hourglass. However, since the models' legs were exposed, it still kept the essence of femininity. And can I just quickly say that the leather, knee high, black leather shoes.... OH MY GOD. I'd wear those. They were so fierce. Again, we see a lot of experimentation with prints and types of knit on the garments, and I think he brought it together very well. All the edgy prints were toned done with some solids that came together nicely. However, some of the dresses did have a ton of print. Yet it wasn't very compact prints, it was more so enlarged to show detail and I have to admit, I loved it. I'm not a huge print-lover, but this looked incredible. And if you look closely, you can even see a lot of photography printed on the garments such as faces, the beach, people swimming, etc. WHICH I LOVED. Blown away...
HERES SOME PICS :D






Okay so here's the first look.
See what I mean by the reptile prints?
But it's toned down by the use of that yellow-green color.
Also, that white skirt with the accenting is so Gorgeousss.











Again we see the same kind of look.
But this time with a more turqouise reptile print,
and a very soft, neonish blue.
I think I liked this one a little more. 








Okay so here's the boxier silhouette,
made possible by the jacket.
But you can still see the femininity due to the
legs poking out from the bottom.
I loved the jacket, which had the same kind of
accenting going on from the skirt above. 














THESE SHOES.
I can't.
That's it.









Okay so again, here we are with the printing,
but its still toned down with the blocking done.
I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of the red.
I wish it was maybe a different shade?
Maybe more of a darker maroon?
Maybe that's just because I'm excited for fall....









Okay, like I said, I'm not a huge fan of print.
BUT, look at this!
Its incredible.
Its enlarged to show detail and the way it flows
is just phenomenally gorgeous.
I also love the little cut-out on the right side
by her hip, which causes the pattern to
flow around it.
Almost like a winding river.
It kind of looks like tire tracks a bit too, no?
And again... THOSE SHOES.
Someone get those for me, please.









Here we are with the satin blue blocking,
and the sheen black.
And if you look closely at the print,
its a bunch of faces.
Almost like a crowded public area (Probably NYC).
But it works!
From far away it blends so perfectly.
And up close its even better!









When I first saw the top, I hated it.
But after revisiting it, its growing on me.
I think because I LOVE mixing blue and green.
Its always been my favorite combination of color...
for some odd reason.
And I like how the swimming pool print and the
green print is toned down a little with that black and 
white print cutting through.
Also, that skirt is killer. 
Loved it. 









THIS is my favorite look from the whole collection.
Its a giant print of a swimming area,
but I love how it starts out with red dots around the top.
I can't really describe it, but I just love the switch from
red to blue.
I love the pattern, and I love the silhouette.
Plus, its also a conservative dress since it doesn't show off
any cleavage and stops at the knee.
FAVE.











I also really loved this dress too.
Probably because of the mix of blue and green.
And probably because I love the beach..
I really hope they make some men's dress shirts like this.
If not, I'm going to go try to make my own.
Love it. 
Well, that is all! 
Thanks for reading through!
See you tomorrow!
(hopefully....)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment